FUNTEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE
FunTear Retro Caravans & Motorhomes (FunTear) warrants that it will repair or replace defects in material or workmanship in any components of a new FunTear caravan , teardrop or motorhome trailer purchased from FunTear Retro Caravans & Motorhomes and/or Airstream Professionals in Boxtel NL, for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date the trailer is first delivered to the original purchaser. The warranty is limited to EU countries and Dutch (NL) legislation is applicable.
In order to obtain coverage under this warranty terms, you mustnotify FunTear Retro Caravans & Motorhomes of the warrantable defect no later than ten (10) days following expiration of this warranty. Funtear’s obligation to repair or replace defective materials or workmanship is the sole obligation of FunTear under this warranty. FunTear reserves the right to use new or remanufactured parts of similar quality to complete any warranty work.
LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IF ANY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY FUNTEAR.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
- This warranty does not provide coverage for any of the following:
- Tires, batteries, stereo, television, range/stove, furnace, refrigerator, water heater, microwave, air conditioner, mover, generator, slide-out mechanisms, and other materials, parts and components warranted by persons or entities other than FunTear. Please refer to the warranties of component manufacturers for terms and conditions of coverage;
- Any part or component of the trailer that was not manufactured or installed by FunTear;
- Normal deterioration due to wear or exposure, including but not limited to rust, corrosion, oxidation, and cosmetic blemishes;
- Normal maintenance and service items, including but not limited to light bulbs, fuses, lubricants, sealants and seals, slideout adjustments, door adjustments, and awning tension;
- After-market equipment or accessories installed on the trailer after completion of manufacture by Funtear, or any defects or damage caused by such items;
- Trailers not purchased through an authorized dealer of FunTear, and trailers purchased directly or indirectly through auction, salvage, repossession, or other non-customary sale means;
- Defects or damage caused by, in whole or in part, or in any way related to:
- Accidents, misuse (including off-road use), or negligence.
- Failure to comply with the instructions set forth in any owner’s manual provided with the trailer.
- Alteration or modification of the trailer except such alterations or modifications approved in writing by FunTear.
- Acts of God or other environmental conditions, such as lightning, hail, salt, or other chemicals in the atmosphere.
- De-icing agents or other chemicals applied to the trailer.
- Failure to properly maintain or service the trailer, including but not limited to the maintenance of lubricants, sealants, and seals.
- Condensation and the results of condensation including water damage and the growth of mold or mildew. Mold and mildew are natural growths given certain environmental conditions and are not covered by the terms of this terms of warranty.
- Use of the trailer other than for temporary recreation purposes, including but not limited to use of the trailer for residential, disaster relief, commercial, or rental purposes.
- The addition of weight to the trailer that causes the trailer’s total weight to exceed applicable trailer weight ratings, or addition of weight causing improper distribution of the weight of the trailer.
- Selection, use, and operation of any hitch assembly.
- Failure to seek and obtain repairs in a timely manner.
- Failure to use reasonable efforts to mitigate damage caused by defects.
- Failure to properly ventilate the trailer.
- Improper electric power supply or improper vehicle hookup to other facilities.
- Acts or omissions of any person or entity other than FunTear.
DISCLAIMER OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
FunTear hereby disclaims any and all incidental and consequential damages arising out of or relating to the caravan, teardrop or motorhome, including expenses such as transportation to and from Funtear repair facilities, loss of time, loss of pay, loss of use, inconvenience, commercial loss (including lost profits), towing charges, bus fares, vehicle rental, service call charges, gasoline expenses, incidental charges such as telephone calls and facsimile transmissions, and expenses for lodging. This disclaimer is independent of any failure of the essential purpose of any warranties provided with a caravan, teardrop or motorhome, and shall survive any determination that a warranty failed of its essential purpose.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE
In order to obtain warranty service under this waranty, the owner must do all of the following:
- Owner and/or dealer representative must complete and return the Customer Performance Checkout within 10 days from delivery of the trailer;
- Notify FunTear or one of its authorized, independent dealers, of any claimed defect within the warranty period or 10 days thereafter;
- Provide notification of a defect within 10 days of discovery of that defect;
- Promptly return the trailer to FunTear for repairs. If you believe a defect covered by this warranty still exists after an attempted repair by FunTear or an authorized FunTear dealer, you must contact FunTear at the following address, specifying:
1. The complete serial number of the trailer;
2. The date of original purchase and the date of original delivery;
3. The name of the seller or selling dealer; and
4. The nature of the problem and the steps or service which have been performed.
FunTear Retro Caravans & Motorhomes. • Wilhelminastraat 2 • 5281 GR Boxtel NL,
Attention: Waranty coverage.
FunTear may direct you to an authorized FunTear dealer, or may request that you bring your trailer to the FunTear Factory in Boxtel NL for repairs.
FunTear does not control the scheduling of repairs at its authorized FunTear dealers, and repairs at the FunTear factory may not be immediately available. Therefore, you may encounter delays in scheduling repairs and/or completion of repairs. All costs associated with transporting the trailer for any warranty service shall be the sole responsibility of the owner.
DEALER REPRESENTATIONS EXCLUDED
The entire Limited Warranty provided by FunTear is set forth herein. FunTear will not be responsible for any additional representations or warranties made by any person or entity other than FunTear, and FunTear’s obligations are solely as set forth in the terms and conditions of this warranty
This warranty is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining duration of the warranty period, upon approval from FunTear. Transfer of this Limited Warranty will only be approved by FunTear upon all of the following:
1. FunTear’s receipt of a completed transfer application form;
2. The payment of a € 250.00 processing fee to FunTear; and
3. The completion of an inspection of the condition of the trailer, at the owner’s expense, by FunTear or an authorized FunTear dealer in accordance with FunTear’s required procedure and FunTear’s receipt of a written report as to the results of such inspection. Transfer application forms are available from FunTear Service Desk.
CHANGES IN DESIGN
FunTear reserves the right to make changes in design and improvements upon its products from time-to-time, without imposing upon itself any obligation to install additional features in your trailer.
STATUTE OF LIMITATION
No action may be brought against FUNTEAR for breach of this terms of warranty, any applicable implied warranty, or for any other claim arising out of or relating to a FunTear Caravan, teardrop or motorhome , more than thirty (30) days after: (1) expiration of the twenty-four (24) month warranty period; or (2) expiration of the ten (10) day notice period that follows expiration of the warranty period, if such notice is given.
THIS WARRANTY IS COMPLIANT TO DUTCH (NL) LEGISLATION AND GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY IN DIFFERENT EU COUNTRIES. FUNTEAR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY EU LEGISLATION
ALL LEGAL DISPUTES ARE CONDUCTED IN THE NETHERLANDS AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH DUTCH LAW AT ‘S-HERTOGENBOSCH COURT.
This post is also available in: Dutch